OUGD504: Design For Print Initial Ideas & Development

by Roxxie Blackham on Sunday 27 October 2013

I found that a lot of people were heading towards a similar direction when it came to Design For Print ideas, so I tried to brain storm some alternative and unique ideas for mine...


My chosen idea:
P.I.Y - Print It Yourself

Target Audience:
Younger, middle class mums looking for something to do around the house to keep them occupied when their kids are asleep or playing. Their kids could also take part.

What is your subject matter?
I want to create something for young mums to do in their spare time, when they're not being mums. I've decided to concentrate on giving information on the types of printing processes that you can do at home, without all the complicated facilities such as vacuum beds or UV developing machines. It should be an easy step by step guide, that young mums can easily follow and understand. The guide should be relaxing - as it needs to be somewhere for the mum to go to when she's stressed or needs to take her mind off things. Everything needs to be as simple as possible so that it doesn't cause any stress, and the colours need to be calming.





MOCK UPS & EXPERIMENTS...




I played around for a bit with creating triangles for the slices of pie and got a bit carried away with origami and 3D geometric shapes... I love how it looks, but it definitely won't work as a slice of pie.

Leave your comment