OUGD504: Design For Print & Web - Hot Dog Book & Clothes Tag Design Development

by Roxxie Blackham on Wednesday 8 January 2014


I thought that the pages were going to be a bit boring and needed some sort of images to help fill the blank spaces and add a girly touch..


I created the flowers on Illustrator to add to the pages in a way that they follow the pages along from front to back..







The pages also needed a bit of colour, so I thought I'd add some green to them..


It all looked a bit hectic on screen, so I thought I'd print it out on A3 paper to check sizing and layout. After folding and creating the printed hot dog book, I found that when it was printed on A3 paper, it seemed a bit too big, so I tried it on A4 and definitely preferred it!

I also found that I wanted to change the image for the cover of the book..


Once I was happy with the first book, I altered some of the text and the front cover image for the next two books..



I also went back to the first book and changed the 'Thank you!' get on the front cover so that it was consistent across all the books..




Afterwards I created the simple design layout for the clothes label - I wanted to portray all washing guideline information on this label so that the user knows how to look after their t-shirts properly!


Leave your comment