OUGD504: Design For Print & Web - Screen Printing T-shirt Designs

by Roxxie Blackham on Saturday 11 January 2014






























I am extremely happy with the results from the screen printing. I didn't really leave any space for mistakes, as I used my final tie dye t-shirts for the prints on the first attempt!

I think I've been really lucky not to result in any major mistakes - the only mistakes I could see were due to the quality of the screen (for example on Ravenala Madagascariensis, the screen had small holes in the screen that weren't visible until I used it to print onto the t-shirts. This also happened with the Helichrysum Chionoides t-shirt as parts of the screen were blocked so it didn't print as crisp as it could have!)

Also, after I printed all the t-shirts I realised that having the designs printed on the back of the tops was actually quite a weird idea. I had been told by various people but I thought that it would look best on the back of the t-shirt. I think if I were to reprint the t-shirts, I would print the designs onto the front instead. Or maybe even create some sort of logo to print on the front of the t-shirts to add something extra to the designs!

Leave your comment