OUGD501: Experimenting with Photo Mosaics

by Roxxie Blackham on Wednesday 9 April 2014

I found a website online which creates photo mosaics for you, so I thought that this would be worth trying out to see what it looked like..



I tried this test out with images already on my computer so that I didn't have to gather loads of images before testing.. I also found that once you created the mosaic you could change the merge value so that it looks closer to the original image and has more detail!

I quite liked this way of working around my problem, however I had the issue of the image being low quality.. I'm going to have to create it myself..

I found a few tutorials online to make a photo mosaic on photoshop, so I thought that I'd follow one of these and see how that works out!








I was really impressed with these results as I managed to create something that looked like the original painting from afar, but when you look closer you can see loads of faces staring back at you!

I then proceeded to apply the mosaic pattern to the rest of the images that I had chosen. I decided to work with 3 landscape and 2 portrait images, all from the classical era of paintings so that they work as a set of posters.

Final Images For Posters






Leave your comment