OUGD505: Further Logo Ideas

by Roxxie Blackham on Saturday 26 April 2014

After the crit, I proceeded to change the aesthetic of my chosen logo, as I was told that it didn't really reflect on the Russian influences that well. Instead, my logo was starting to look like a logo for a sushi bar or Japanese restaurant.

I also played around with a few name ideas for my logo - I wanted to use a name that sounded a bit more Russian and something that you could write using the cyrillic letters, but could be pronounced by a non Russian reader / speaker.




Final Logo:


I decided to use pastel and light colours for the logo, as I felt as though bold reds, blacks and yellows were a bit too much and didn't really compliment one another in a way that would work for a restaurant's logo. Also, when I showed the logo to my friend from Russia, she straight away recognised the images as roofs from the Kremlin!!

I think that the name "lie-kah" sounds a lot more Russian and is easier to read and pronounce than the previous name. The name came from the word "balalaika" which is a Russian instrument - I just chopped the word in half and used the more Russian sounding half, so it doesn't actually mean anything.

Leave your comment