OUGD505: Progress Crit Feedback

by Roxxie Blackham on Tuesday 22 April 2014

We were asked to lay our work out for crits today and then give other people on different tables written feedback..

My feedback was as follows (for the logo that I had produced):



- I prefer the logos that are on the first page to the last ones on the colour choice board, I feel as though they represent 'Russian' more than the other one. And to go with that logo you could use the 'ok' symbol with it as a secondary logo?

- If you do use the other logo then yes, yes the symbol in the logo and also have it as a second logo.

- I like just the 'ok' by itself, the 'шоко' logo reminds me of a japanese restaurant like 'itsu' logo or a noodle bar. I don't know how it could be changed to relate it to a Russian restaurant.

- Don't think pronunciation is needed in the logo..

- I think that the hand rendered 'ok' in the logo works well, but with the 'ш' to reinforce the Russian

- When I read 'шоко', I read 'wok-oh' so maybe something else is needed. Is it too late to change the name now? However, I prefer the initial outcomes - much stronger and Russian like!

- Everything looks very Japanese - name, fish, etc the first logos much stronger!

- The logo variations on the first page look more Russian as opposed to the 'ok' logos on the colour choice page. The colours also work nicely.

- I don't think it needs pronunciation in the logo - maybe this is something you could include inside the restaurant, like in the menus.

- I don't know why, if it is a fish restaurant, the name sounds like chocolate.

- The logos on the 1st page are the most appropriate, however, it looks more Japanese than Russian.

- Could you include something like a palace roof or a matryoshka to make it more Russian?

Leave your comment