OUGD505: Studio Brief 2 Writing A Brief Workshop

by Roxxie Blackham on Saturday 22 March 2014

For a short workshop with Lorraine, we were asked to work on large sheets of paper and write lists based on our research topic and how we could take it further into Studio Brief 2.

Once we had filled out the 4 lists, we were asked to highlight words that were more focussed on what we were thinking of producing.


All of this was to help us towards writing our own brief for Studio Brief 2.

My brief:

I have decided to focus on Branding & Identity and Product & Packaging, as I haven't really focussed on branding design before.. I feel confident when it comes to Product & Packaging, and I think that these two areas of design go along hand in hand.

But what will I produce an identity for?...
An exhibition?
A design shop?
A restaurant?
A Russian circus?
A shop?
A bar?
A flower shop?

I felt as though an exhibition of Russian Avant-Garde was a bit of an obvious choice, and wanted to go for something that would create quite a strange combination of avant-garde and contemporary design styles, with a Russian influence.

I have decided to work with branding a restaurant, as it would be quite a unique experience, eating in a Russian Avant-Garde style restaurant building.

Leave your comment