OUGD504: Design For Print Final Crit Feedback

by Roxxie Blackham on Tuesday 3 December 2013

My crit feedback was as follows:

- key stage one book is very appropriate

- key stage 3 doesn't seem very intriguing, even though it's for older kids. It still needs something to appeal and make them want to take part - this feedback was found irrelevant, as the target audience for the books was teachers, not the students. So they will want to take part by what the teachers show them, not the book.

- I think you just have to be careful if you do create tasks for KS2 and KS£ that they aren't patronising, especially KS3

- I think they still need images, because even adults lose concentration and find text heavy stuff boring

- I think the KS2 and KS3 books need some illustrations because it looks very text heavy

- I think the books do look educational

- I don't think images to refer to are necessary, but you could include them in a separate book for the more advanced methods used in KS2 and KS3

- The overall concept and target audience and designs were clear and concise

- What type of stock are you printing onto? - I did have this written down for them to read when looking at my work...

- I would definitely say that the colour of the KS3 book and black can be hard to read at times, especially on the cover, so maybe a lighter tint of green?

-  I would also suggest that you incorporate images which will showcase the process you're talking about, as the teachers will probably not know 100% what they are doing

- Considering the audience, I think that the design could come across somewhat patronising, as they are already qualified teachers


Leave your comment