OUGD504: Design For Web Final Crit Feedback

by Roxxie Blackham on Tuesday 10 December 2013

My feedback was as follows:

- Yes it's very fashion / editorial style

- The website navigation is excellent, simple and user friendly

- Look at Elise Rose's blog - her work will suit your model page
http://elise-rose.com/home

- I think the advice page could be developed more and the home page text should be thicker

- I think the locational aspect of the site should play a key role as I feel this is something that could be genuinely useful

- I like how the navigation bar works throughout the pages

- I think horizontal scrolling would work well on the models page, but you may need to think how it will work though with the other pages that use vertical scrolling. It may not work due to this.

- I definitely think the 'informal' tone of voice you have used for the site will appeal to the target audience, the content is also appropriate

- The design you have used also has a very 'editorial' professional feel, which is appropriate for the audience

- The navigation bar is clear on every page which makes the site easy to navigate through

- I would use horizontal scrolling on your models page as I think that layout would be more similar to the layouts, therefore creating a sense of continuity

- To improve the site I would just add as many models / photographers / advice as you possibly can which I know you have begun to consider

- It looks very editorial, especially due to font colour and choices. I like the navigation bar as it's simple, but sophisticated.

- The website is very easy to navigate, and you've made it easy for yourself to update the images to a new photographer, again layout is simple and easy for the audience, there is a good balance of whitespace and images / text

- I think that horizontal scrolling would work best and I like how the information of the models appears when you hover over the image

- I think that the wording on the about page needs changing, you don't or shouldn't really need to state who it's for as obviously. I also don't think the audience would say 'nab' and you should perhaps start with the end sentence about being outside - I think that's an interesting statement and it's different, otherwise you've explained the site very clearly!



Leave your comment