OUGD504: Primary Research For Design For Print & Web

by Roxxie Blackham on Friday 20 December 2013

I decided to go to the Botanic Gardens in Oxford to have a look at some plants there and their labelling system in the gardens.

You can find the website here: http://www.botanic-garden.ox.ac.uk

I took a few photos as I went round - unfortunately only the gardens and green houses were open, due to the weather and season, so I couldn't gather anything from the museum or shop..


























After visiting the Botanic Gardens, I noticed that I was particularly interested in the way that they label each plant - using the full Latin names and a serif typeface - all very scientific and biological looking.

I also found the texture of certain plants particularly interesting, for example the tree bark that looks almost like eyes with eyelashes!

I'm not completely sure where to go with these images, however it was a really interesting morning in Oxford, and will hopefully help when it comes to designing my product and packaging!

Leave your comment