OUGD505: Bill / Receipt

by Roxxie Blackham on Saturday 17 May 2014

The bill / receipt was really easy to produce, as they all follow a very similar layout and design scheme already. I found a few receipts in my purse and literally followed the way that they are printed for my receipts, but I used the same font that I've used throughout my branding.

At first, I had the sizing completely wrong and the receipts were printing at about A5 size!




I resized the receipts, to fit 4 onto an A4 page, and voila!



These will either be printed onto bulky newspaper, or standard printer paper, as when printed from the till, they won't need fancy paper. The library had run out of bulky newspaper, so I decided to stick with standard printing paper.

I couldn't find any clipboards smaller than A5, so I made myself one using a yellow paper clip and some scraps of card that I found..



I also used vinyl to stick the logo onto the small clipboard. I thought that having it hidden underneath the receipt would be a reminder of the restaurant that you went to when you take the receipt off of the clipboard to take home with you.

Leave your comment