OUGD505: Mockup Proposals

by Roxxie Blackham on Tuesday 20 May 2014

Open / Closed Signs:
If I had more time, I definitely would have liked to paint my own open and closed signs to hang on the door in the restaurant. I think that these would have worked really well as a set of signs and would have fitted in with the rest of the branding.



Embossed Logo:
I also thought about the fact that I could have embossed my logo into various stocks, or instead of using vinyl or certain products like the envelopes! Unfortunately, creating an embossing seal myself would have taken up a lot of time, and buying a seal was really expensive. However, I hope to do this in the future, as I really want to play around with use of materials and printing methods more.


Paper Bag:
I think that there will need to be some form of paper bag packaging for when customers purchase condiments from the restaurant. These paper bags could also be used for "doggy bags" or the restaurant could offer takeaway options?


Wooden Engraving:
I would have liked to work with the laser cutter for this module, but completely forgot about trying it out to see what I could have achieved! I think that the wooden boxes to hold the condiments could have looked nicer with the logo engraved into the wood, rather than sticking a vinyl onto the side of the boxes. I also thought that maybe clipboards or even tables in the restaurant could be engraved.


Framed Posters:
On the walls of the interior of the restaurant, I would have placed them within frames and onto the walls to show off the Kremlin artwork and Russian themes. I also thought that the walls could be wallpapered with custom Khokhloma pattern wallpaper. I was going to buy a frame for the poster that I bought, but I couldn't find any frames large enough for an A2 poster that still had the frame edges, rather than being a clip frame with glass.




Uniform:
I wanted the uniform to be simple and literally contain the logo on white t-shirts, so that it doesn't take away from the rest of the branding. I thought that waiters and waitresses could wear white t-shirts with pink / red trousers / skirt so that it follows the brand colours. Chef's whites will also contain the logo embroidered onto the whites.


Window Stickers:
Instead of just having the logo stuck onto the windows, I also considered how the opening hours would look as a window sticker, and how the tone of voice would reflect the restaurant. I decided to make the language less formal,


Website:
Rather than coding a website, I created the designs for a mock-up of how the restaurant website could look like...

At first I definitely got a bit carried away and created something that really didn't work with the rest of the brand at all!


So I decided to tone it down a little and was really quite pleased with the outcome. I think it would probably need some tweaks here and there, but I like how clear and understandable the website is - when I looked at some other Russian websites online, they were too full of information and hard to navigate around, and a lot of them were just horrible to look at! For example:


I decided that I wanted to approach my website in the complete opposite, creating something minimal, clear and easy to navigate around.

The pages will consist of a minimal amount of text - just enough to get across what we're trying to say, with either a few smaller images or one full bleed image. I like the idea of having it all sit on the page without having to scroll, hence the borders to show the edges of the pages. This means that everything that the customer will need will be visible and you can get to everything within one or two clicks.


Leave your comment