OUGD505: Bottle Labels & Packaging

by Roxxie Blackham on Tuesday 20 May 2014

I found some really nice wooden boxes that were perfect for packaging the condiments that I thought could be sold within the restaurant. The salt and pepper could also be used for on the tables of the restaurant, rather than being sold.

I placed my sign painted glass on top of the box to see how it could look with a glass lid. Obviously this would have to be manufactured properly, but I unfortunately don't have the skills or time to do it myself!



I don't own a shredder either, so I spent a while cutting strips of yellow and pink paper with the guillotine to create a nest for my products to sit in.



The salt and pepper had both sides of the logo on top of each pot to distinguish between the two condiments.


I also stuck some vinyl onto the side of the box..


When it came to printing my labels for the chilli sauce, I had issues with the toner as it wouldn't set! Luckily, I managed to figure a way round this by sending the paper through with certain settings..


I attached the label with some brown organic looking string to the bottle..




I also filled the bottle with some sweet chilli and tomato sauce that I bought..


The wine bottle was quite easy to label, as my aesthetics are so simplistic. I was also pleasantly surprised that you can stick paper onto glass with spray mount!!




I think that the packaging came out really well. I think that there are a lot of further ways that I could have taken the packaging products, but unfortunately I ran out of time and thought that it was better to produce less at a better quality, than go over the top with it!

Leave your comment