OUGD503: Interim Evaluation

by Roxxie Blackham on Wednesday 5 February 2014

So far I feel up to date with my progress on live and competition briefs. At first I struggled to find briefs that I was interested in working with. I also found it hard to tackle working on these briefs at the same time as producing work for other modules going on at the time. However, I have managed to start to overcome this, and feel as though I have produced a satisfactory amount of work for the module so far.

I still need to produce various design sheets and bodies of research to accompany work I'm going to submit, as I found myself working slightly backwards at times to get submissions ready. It's also hard to figure out just how much research and developmental scamps I should be producing for smaller briefs that only take a few hours to produce the final pieces, for example Valentine's Day card designs.

I am yet to work on a few live briefs that I have chosen, as I want to make sure I can dedicate a few days to these when I've settled down with the new modules we've received. Especially because I have chosen to work on some hand-rendered typography for a type contest, so I need to be able to work on this for a whole day at least to make sure that the final designs are perfect.

I am looking forward to the collaborative brief and seeing what James has to offer in terms of design work and being part of a team. I'm not used to working with just one other person, so it will be really interesting to see what we produce!

Leave your comment